20050908

The wooda are lovely, dark and deep

I am extremely psyched out, and yet, I can’t wait for the trek to start. A bunch of XLers who are not 100% normal thought that the best way to enjoy a vacation is to spend the 10 days in the wild, trekking to Chirapunji, and rock climbing, paragliding et al on the way.

I have been always afraid of heights and falling from great heights. Even my most fearful dreams consisted of me falling and experiencing the gravity pull – and now I am on my way to experience the heights.

Why did I go for it? Well, a lot of factors contributed. One friend promised to take me to the neighborhood IIT and then to Calcutta. Then his mom called and demanded that he drag his fat ass home or else... [We never know what moms mean when they say ‘or else...’ Na?]

That left me with 3 + 3 days to spend on the train and subsequent courtesy callings, where except the places where I spent my childhood and places with kids, I have no wish to go again... but talk about the ‘or else... ‘clause of mothers....

So I decided I will brave the mosquito bites for 10 days than go home or sit at XLRI. The latter was never really an option as I cry whenever I see my friends lave for end term holidays. Weird but true.

But all this really do not explain why I signed up.

I want to go there because I have never done this before. I want to experience this, so that I can tell myself later that I did it. So that when someone who looks upto me asks me for advice, I can look at them in the eye and ask them never to fear the unknown, but to explore it at the risk of discomfort and anxiety.

Weird, but true. Which makes this even weirder for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger .:: Rosh ::. :

Good luck with the trip, have tons of fun and get back safe.

10:19 PM  
Blogger raven :

the woods are lovely, dark and deep..
but u have promises to keep..
and miles to go before u sleep.

if u get tired, sit on a rock..
open ur shoes and smell ur socks :)

~ensoi the trip

1:07 AM  
Blogger Baliga :

have fun. safe trip.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google PageRank Checker Tool